Terms and Conditions
This database and website is provided by Heritage Victoria on an "as is" basis. No warranties or representations of any kind expressed or implied are given (and if any such warranties and representations arise by operation of law or otherwise they are hereby disclaimed to the fullest extent permitted by law) in connection with this database and website or their contents including the completeness or accuracy of any of their contents (in particular but without limiting the foregoing any listing information).
Heritage Victoria, its commissioners, employees, and officers and agents; and Local Councils and other Responsible Authorities, shall not be liable for any loss or damages or expenses of any kind including without limitation compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property or claims by third parties howsoever arising (save for death or injury caused by Heritage Victoria's negligence or that of its commissioners, employees, officers and agents; or Local Councils and other Responsible Authorities) in connection with the copying or use of any information or material contained in or referred to on this database and website or otherwise from the use of this database and website.
Users of the Victorian Heritage Database and website may only use the information provided responsibly. No such information may be used for or in connection with any unlawful or immoral or anti-social purpose, or in a manner which is or may be damaging to the name or reputation of Heritage Victoria, Local Councils and other Responsible Authorities or is or may be used in any way to the detriment of any of the listed properties or their occupants.
Privacy and Copyright
This database and website and all its components (including images, audio, video, text), unless otherwise stated, is copyright. Apart from fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or review as permitted under the Copyright Act 1968, no part may be reproduced, copied, transmitted in any form or by any means (electronic, mechanical or graphic) without the prior written permission of Heritage Victoria, or the stated owner. All requests and enquiries should be directed to the Executive Director, Heritage Victoria.
User Generated Content Copyright
By submitting user generated content (including text and digital images), you acknowledge that you own the copyright in the submitted content or have obtained the permission of the copyright owner and you agree to the following:
· The content being made publicly available through the Victorian Heritage Database,
· The content being made being made available at the offices of the Heritage Council of Victoria (‘the council’) and the Department administering the Victorian Heritage Act 2017 (‘the department’),
· The content being made available through any digital systems, smart phone applications and websites owned or managed by the council or the department,
· The content being used by the council or the department in any reports, studies or other publications that it may produce from time to time.
By submitting content on behalf of another copyright owner you agree you have obtained the permission of the copyright owner to the content being used in the manner described above.
To remove any user generated content submitted by you please contact email@example.com
Privacy Collection Notice
The personal information completed on this form is collected through the Victorian Heritage Database Website (VHD Website) by the Heritage Council of Victoria (Heritage Council) and the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) for the purposes of collecting user generated content about heritage places and objects, including those on the Victorian Heritage Register (Register), to better understand the cultural heritage significance of heritage assets in Victoria.
Providing your name (or username) and email address is optional. Your email address will not be disclosed to any third parties unless agreed by you.
Your name (or username, if preferred), if provided, together with any user generated content submitted will be published on the VHD Website and Vic Heritage iPhone Application (Vic Heritage App) which is publically accessible globally.
Any personal information completed on this form will be transferred outside Victoria, and be disclosed to:
* KJEW Investments Pty Ltd (trading as SKEX) for the purposes of VHD webhosting. Your personal information will be physically stored on a data server located in NSW subject to the protections provided in the Victorian Information Privacy Principles.
* Amazon S3 for the purpose of storage of user generated content. Your personal information will be physically stored on a data server located in the United States (US) and may be accessed by US authorities under the USA Patriot Act. By submitting content you agree to transfer the jurisdiction for privacy laws to the US.
The Heritage Council and DELWP may use the user generated content you submit through the VHD website to assess and update the Register.
With your consent, your personal information may also be used by the Heritage Council and DELWP to contact you to verify user generated content submitted through the VHD Website, or to advise you of proposed VHD updates or known issues. By submitting content you agree to allow the Heritage Council and DELWP to use your personal information for this purpose.
The Heritage Council and DELWP are committed to protecting the privacy of personal information:
* The Victorian Heritage Database Website and Vic Heritage App Privacy Statement is available online at http://vhd.heritagecouncil.vic.gov.au/ and sets out how the Heritage Council handles personal information collected as you access and interact through the Victorian Heritage Database Website (VHD Website)
* To discuss any concerns about the way your personal information will be used or to request changes contact the Manager, Heritage Council Secretariat, Heritage Council of Victoria on (03) 9651 5060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
* To request formal access or correction to your personal information under the Freedom of Information Act 1982 contact the Manager, Heritage Council Secretariat, Heritage Council of Victoria on (03) 9651 5060 or email email@example.com